Saturday, September 29, 2012
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Park Mall, 9 Penang Road #01-01E
A visit to the Park Mall outlet, the first outlet is at Watermark, Robertson Quay.
kith cafe is another of the many modern chic cafes that sprouted like wild mushrooms after the rain.
kith serves western cuisine as well as breakfast. However, it is not breakfast all-day. they serve breakfast up till 3 P.M. daily.
Big Breakfast with choice of bread and eggs
Smoked Duck Sandwich served with nacho chips
There is not much available from the breakfast menu, but they do serve quite a variety of sandwiches and pastas. Food tastes decent but really nothing much to shout about. For the prices, I would recommend brunch at Dean & Deluca, Food for Thought or even Wild Honey.
Despite the fancy chic layout of the restaurant, with furnishings coming directly from their neighbour XTRA, the ambience is forgettable. So what is left for kith is just whole idea of "been there, done that".
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Nikon first set new heights for full-frame DSLR with the release of the 36.3MP D800/D800E FX DSLR.
Their raving pre-orders came along with the 16.2MP D3200 APS-C entry-level to capture both ends of the market.
This left a gap in the middle where we enthusiasts were compelled to upgrade.
Yes, Nikon heard us!
Nikon presents forth its latest addition to complete the line-up.
D600 FX DSLR
The D600 packs 24.3MP Full-frame CMOS sensor (10.5MP DX-format crop mode), ISO 100-6400 (expandable to ISO 50-25,600 equivalent), 5.5fps burst shooting, 39-point AF system with 9 cross-type AF points, 3.2-inch 921k-dot LCD screen, 1080p30 full HD video mode with stereo sound recording, headphone jack for audio monitoring in movie mode with uncompressed video recording into a D7000 body of a mere 141mm x 113mm x 82mm, 760 g (without battery).
Although the D600 bears upgraded specifications compared to the not-too dated D7000, it does leave room for people to still crave for the D800/D800E.
Differences between D600 and D800:
- 24.3MP Full-frame CMOS sensor (36.3MP CMOS)
- 10.5MP DX-format crop mode (15.3MP)
- 39-point AF system with 9 cross-type AF points (51-points, with 15 cross-type)
- No AF micro-adjust function (micro-adjustment in +/-20 steps )
- Autofocus sensitivity -1EV (-2EV)
- 5.5fps burst rate (4fps)
- 2,016-pixel RGB TTL exposure metering sensor (91,000 pixels)
- 2x SD slots (CF+SD)
- No 'Power Aperture' aperture control during movie shooting
- Shutter rated to 150,000 cycles (200,000 cycles)
- Magnesium-alloy top and rear, polycarbonate front-plate (full magnesium-alloy)
- USB 2.0 interface (USB 3.0)