Look what I have bought! Hot Toys TrueType1/6th: Leonardo D. and Mark W.

I scored myself two more 1/6th action figure bodies to my existing DiD: German and DRAGON: Banderas and also towards my 1/6th military collection. They are from the Hot Toys TrueType bodies. However, they are unlike HT TrueType: Bronze (Beckham); they do not come in blister packaging for retail. They are actually shipped from Hot Toys as loose figures from their box sets, and I definitely was not expecting them to come from the most recently released-in-stores boxsets! They are from the Hot Toys Navy Seal Mountain Ops Sniper series, featuring M. Wahlberg (PCU ver.) and L. DiCaprio as (ACU ver.).


Leo (right) and Mark (left) poses for a brotherly 'ghey' shot

Since they loose bodies are from box sets, they do not come with fingered-hands, but gloved hands. It sure is damn cool to use these gloved hands for VH ParaRescue Jumper.



Top: M. Wahlberg as Navy Seal Special Forces Mountain Ops Sniper (PCU ver.)
Bottom: L. DiCaprio as Navy Seal Special Forces Mountain Ops Sniper (ACU ver.)

M. Wahlberg
HOT TOYS TrueType: Navy Seal Special Forces Mountain Ops Sniper (PCU Ver.)
1/6th Action Figure
You must have know him as Marky Mark of the "Marky Mark & the Funky Bunch" of the nineties or maybe Bob Lee Swagger in "SHOOTER". Less you didn't know, Mark also starred in "Planet of the Apes", "The Italian Job" and upcoming "Max Payne". *I must apologize to 12-inch bro for confusing him with Wahlberg as the pilot starring the classic 3DO "Wing Commander" console game; it was actually Mark Hamill (ala Luke Skywalker)*. Hot Toys Mark W. was actually not in my priority list, but I guess his garang (heroic) face is just too suitable for any upcoming military 1/6th action figure bashes. After all, Swagger will go well with the upcoming
Hot Toys PMC Modern Firearms collection III.











L. DiCaprio
HOT TOYS TrueType: Navy Seal Special Forces Mountain Ops Sniper (ACU Ver.)
1/6th Action Figure
You probably know Leo as Jack Dawson from the phenomenal movie "Titanic". However, the Hot Toys Leonardo D. was sculpted after his recent movie, more of "Blood Diamond" than "The Departed". I had also wanted to score the Leo headsculpt when I saw it as the ACU Sniper. I am definitely damn delighted to have secured the last 2 pieces of Leo (one for my 1/6th bro).











I happened to not arrive too late, but thanks to Tim at PlayPen, I managed to sweep all of the loose Hot Toys TrueType bodies.

technorati tags

Comments

Shaun said…
cool pix as usual and great score pro bro. Hah, all gone? Well done!

Had a bitch of a time trying to unplug the wrist joints from the gloves.

Notice both bodies are quite shiny? Not an issue if you aren't showing any skin, but I had to switch with a matt HT body to get the perfect body for the upcoming CK fig.

Eh why your figs all barefoot!
WILLIAM TAN said…
Shaun said...
cool pix as usual and great score pro bro. Hah, all gone? Well done!

Had a bitch of a time trying to unplug the wrist joints from the gloves.

Notice both bodies are quite shiny? Not an issue if you aren't showing any skin, but I had to switch with a matt HT body to get the perfect body for the upcoming CK fig.

Eh why your figs all barefoot!

Thanks, just some quick and dirty pix. Tim mentioned that there were not much bodies in this shipment, considering that they are mainly from new boxsets. I won't miss MEF, but SAW Gunner has got a very good paint job on the sculpt. I will quote Tims "the unique use of pink as an undercoat to make Christian Bale's face look rosier"

Eh! I am having no problems with un/plugging HT parts. For my pix, I swapped head and gloves, since the overall was rather fitting on the TrueType body. I cannot remove the head from the stump of the Dragon body though. I resorted to prying it with a pocket knife, but was worried about damaging the neck.

yes. the plastic feels cheaper than those from blister, but joints are stiff and good as blister's.

Now that you mentioned it, I forgot that I can unplug the feet to stuff the solid rubber boots that I have. I am waiting for the VH black Oakley laced boots that once again Tim promised to bring in. These 'wide opening with parted boot tongue' boots are necessary for my Dragon and DiD, since their feets cannot be removed.
Laurens said…
wats with the jedi cloak and taliban head gear?
Shaun said…
Laurens said...
wats with the jedi cloak and taliban head gear?


hey look! its Ass Paddler Arthur!
WILLIAM TAN said…
Laurens said...
wats with the jedi cloak and taliban head gear?

just some quick and dirty addition to mimic camouflage and bashing with something I call 'tissue paper' LOL!
please try avoid using sensative words which are possibly tagged. I do not wish to attract uninvited attention. I am just a toy collector. These are just 1.6th scale action figures! I am just an otaku! LOL!
Laurens said…
after seeing ur pix,i abit gian wahlberg...but i guess is bo liao