Look what I've bought! 1/6th Dragon basic body & SOC Expansion Tamashii SPEC XS-04 EVA-00

I have earlier scored a Dragon-in-Dream (DiD) 1/6th basic figure with a German face. I could not resist when I saw 20 over pieces of Dragon 1/6th basic figures with various European head sculpts, at S$20 each. Among the new 1/6th items out on sale, there is a huge carton of loose 1/6th accessories offering at live quotes and loose parts of the HT Navy Seal Mountain Ops SNIPER (PCU version) on sale. I had to settle with just a Dragon basic body with decent-looking head sculpt, which I could not put a name to him. But for my own reference, I shall call him 'Banderas'. Maybe you can try!
Review of body:
Have to complain about the neck which I have difficulty removing the head sculpt. The body is rather simple with out muscular shapes. The body is also rather light but it does not make the figure unstable. The shoulder articulation is limited by the simple construction, unlike HT's. The feet cannot be removed from the lower limb (I tried to pull and could see the stump turning pale which isn't a good sign!), since I need to remove the feet to replace with boots (stuffed onto ankle with the feets). Thus, I will need to use real laced boots from VH, which can open wide to accomodate big feets. The feet cannot be tilted such that the feet can be flat when the legs are at an angle. The figure cannot engage in a full squat position. The gloves hands are soft which is a plus! But the pistol grip is too wide, such that the rifle is loosely gripped; i had to stuff the index finger into the trigger to add anchorage. Despite the negatives, I still would like to have one of this body to add to my existing, Medicom, HT TrueType, BBI G3.5 and DiD bodies.

Banderas
Dragon 1/6th Basic Body
S$20


Banderas taking up the arms, MP5, M4A1 and P90!









As mentioned earlier, "a piece of Soul of Chogokin (SOC) Expansion Tamashii SPEC figure from Bandai, shipped from Hong Kong, would cost at S$70 (U.P.) and above. I happen to have the first XS-01 EVANGELION-01 of the SOC Expansion Tamashii SPEC series. I could not resist the urge but to score the XS-02 SPT LAYZNER and XS-03 EVANGELION-01 (New Movie Version) at a promotion rate of S$75 A PAIR!" It is like kicking myself in the face if I didn't score that!
Also mentioned, "XS-04 will be released! XS-04 is none other than EVANGELION-00 (New Movie Version) equipped with ESV Shield. Another DEFINITELY MUST-BUY-BUY-BUY!" Since then, I kept asking myself, "when and where and how much am I going to score the XS-04 EVA-00?" Then the pre-orders at major toy dealers came with a retail price of S$75, for the XS-04 EVA-00 (New Movie Version). My mind was set to pay that price for the XS-04 EVA-00. Hence, I visited the shops to look for it since the release date was near. I then found myself another GREAT DEAL that I would KICK MY OWN FACE, if I never score it!
From the very same place I scored the SOC Expansion Tamashii SPEC XS-03 EVANGELION-01 (New Movie Version) and XS-02 SPT LAYZNER for S$75 A PAIR, I scored the SOC Expansion Tamashii SPEC XS-03 EVANGELION-01 (New Movie Version) and XS-02 SPT LAYZNER for S$75 A PAIR. With only 5 pairs up for grabs and promotional banner written on a small discrete card, I snatched a decent pair WITHOUT ANY FURTHER THOUGHTS! I tried negotiating for trading in the XS-02 LAYZNER for a cheaper price, since I already had one, but the friendly dealer joked and commented, "it is a FREE GIFT with the XS-04... you can sell it online!" I can do with that!

Soul of Chogokin Expansion Tamashii SPEC XS-04
EVANGELION-00 (New Movie Version)
S$75 (Free XS-02 LAYZNER)

RV-MINI EVA-00 (New Movie Version) could not resist but take a pose with the big daddy.
You are not seeing 'doubles', I do have two boxes of the LAYZNER!
XS-03 EVA-01 and XS-04 EVA-00 together, ain't that just sweet!?

technorati
tags

Comments

Laurens said…
the shin part there definitely cant b remove w/o breakage....i forcefully broke mine off liao so that it can wear those rigid boots

the jumpsuit looks new too leh

SOC collector!!!
WILLIAM TAN said…
Laurens said...
the shin part there definitely cant b remove w/o breakage....i forcefully broke mine off liao so that it can wear those rigid boots

the jumpsuit looks new too leh

SOC collector!!!


eh? why not get those pararescue jumper type of 'Oakley' boots. With a wide opening and lace, it can wear on any foot!

same old jump suit leh

it is SOC Expansion
Laurens said…
my dragon body was the crappy SWAT body wif the broken foot

yeah,expansion of collection!
WILLIAM TAN said…
Laurens said...
my dragon body was the crappy SWAT body wif the broken foot


yeah i know that. but was it necessary to damage the body just to fit the boots?
could have bought the Oakley boots from PP.
Laurens said…
dun wanna waste my normal boots mah

anyway the other broken foot cant be held securely in those laced up boots too
WILLIAM TAN said…
Laurens said...
dun wanna waste my normal boots mah

anyway the other broken foot cant be held securely in those laced up boots too


thats a more acceptable explaination.
neoconvoy said…
yo man, sorry didnt reply your sms on Sunday, cos I was overseas. thanks for the tip, but Revoltech EVAs are goot enuff for me. :) I guess the Layzner must be warming the shelves at the shop.

btw, did you see any CMs RaiKing ?
Anonymous said…
neoconvoy said...
... I guess the Layzner must be warming the shelves at the shop.

btw, did you see any CMs RaiKing ?


yes the guys told me they need to clear LAYZNER

yes saw plenty of CMS RaiKing.
neoconvoy said…
great, will head down to get one...i went there 2 weeks ago, and they were sold out.
WILLIAM TAN said…
neoconvoy said...
great, will head down to get one...i went there 2 weeks ago, and they were sold out.

hope you are not too late. think i saw at Ng's and TnT
neoconvoy said…
oh, Ng's also have...I didnt see it though. If he has, I'll probably get from him.

the only gripe i have with CMs' Gaiking series is all three (and soon to be release Valking) can combine, and i am only interested in the last 2. And if CMs screws with buyers, they might release a giftset...
WILLIAM TAN said…
I could accept Gaiking in Revoltech, but Raiking looks a bit too off for me. Not a fan of the Daiku Maryu series. Now that you mentioned it, seems like Kaiyodo won't stop at Gaiking (Open Face).... hmmm....
Gift sets? I thought only Bandai would do such a dirty thing! LOL

Ng's... that is IIRC.
Anyway, if you do drop by and see him drop price for his GFF #0026 RX-78-2 GUNDAM/RGM-79 GM "Ver.Ka" to lower than S$50, let me know ;)
neoconvoy said…
ah, i rather like the Raiking and Valking designs...skinny limbs, large hands..on the contrary, i did not like the Gaiking designs, past or present...

so far, CMs has done exclusive colour repaints...so i won't be surprised if they were to do giftsets, especically for these 3...

kaiyodo will do anything they can get their hands on...look at Patlabor...imagine if they have access to all the other Transformers...

ok, will do.