Serangoon Garden Food Center

It has been a long time since I visit Serangoon Garden Food Center for dinner. I went for my routine basic training, did 6km and cool down by walking to Serangoon Garden Food Center.
I patronized Chuan Seng FishBall Minced Meat Noodle Stall which I have visited earlier. They were still not reviewed by any food scouts from the media yet. So I hereby claim, my discovery still the first!
One of best beef noodles I had ever tasted!
I can daringly say, even better than the famous Thaksin Beef Noodles in Clementi Central or,
Original Hock Lam Beef Kway Teow in Purvis Street or,
Hock Lam Street Popular Beef Kway Teow at Far East Square!
Note: the picture links from Imageshack in the old posts are broken.
I do not have my ixus during jogging, so bear with the lousy k750i images.


Quote from earlier post:
"The gravy is not like regular beef noodle that comes in a thick blackish sauce, neither is it like Thaksin Beef Noodle's clear light broth. The gravy comes in a rich and thick beef stew. Sipping the gravy is like drinking sup kambing (lamb stew soup). The taste is full-bodied and fragrant. It definitely left me wanting nothing more but this! Do not be mislead by the yew mee (thin egg noodle). The stall allows you to choose from their wide range of available noodle types. If you like beehoon (rice vermicelli), you can have it done in that as well. The only little drawback is that the beef chunks were done in a stew style, so they are no longer bloody juicy tender, the way I like it. The meat tends to be more fibrous and dry. You definitely need to dunk the meat in the gravy and chew the meat in the sauce."

Nothing too extraordinary for fishball kway teow, since I never ordered their specialty FuZhou fishballs (fishballs with minced pork encapsulated inside). The soup is light and tasty. The fishballs are bouncy, 'cunchy' and most importantly tastes like fishballs!

On my way to visit Nexus for some dealings, I spotted this cool looking transport! Theis Chevrolet has got some really cool looking decals.
Nice car decals, dude!
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Two sides of every story. The driver will always be the Decepticons and passenger the Autobots. Not a good idea to match the Initial D '藤原 Tofu Shop' decal though.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The huge Chinese character 'Love' and face of an anime character is another nice touch on the Chevy's hood, instead of just the ordinary carbon fibre hood mod.

technorati tags

Comments