EATZ: "Xin Yuan Ji" Sliced Fish Soup

Xin Yuan Ji Fish Soup
Serangoon Central

"The best fried fish soup in the serenity of the heartlands"
I believe that I have found a good Fried Fish Soup to add to my recommendation list, and that is "Xin Yuan Ji". I ordered a single share of the fried dish soup with beehoon. When the soup first touched my tongue, it was like magic! I did not expect the plain looking soup to taste like the famous 'XO' (liquor-added) fish soups! The soup is neither too salty nor to tangy. It is also not too bitter due to too much alcohol. The freshness and sweetness of fish has diffused into the soup, making it Perfect!
DIRECTIONS: "Xin Yuan Ji" can be found at the coffee shop facing the main road, behind a bus stop outside the Serangoon bus interchange. There is also a small KFC take-away outlet beside it; it is not very hard locating it.




This is one Fried Fish Soup that you must try! It is available from "Xin Yuan Ji", which is operated by three young chaps, whom I believe to be brothers. Do not be deceived by their rowdy appearances, they are damn friendly and take every customers seriously. Most importantly, they take pride in making their fish soup good!

technorati tags

Comments