EATZ: Seoul Yummy™ - Korean Casual Dining (2nd Visit)

"You will easily find yourself returning 'casually' for food that are 'So Good'!"
quoted from here.
Having visited "Seoul Yummy™" just only last week, I decided to revisit the same place since their prices rock and the food is nice! I thought that this time, I would be having something very different, but I found myself having something quite common but slightly different from what I had during my first visit.


Seoul Yummy™ - Korean Casual Dining
10, Sinaran Drive #03-68, Square 2
Singapore 307506


Starters

Kimchi Mandoo
Steamed kimchi with pork dumplings
S$4.80 (4pcs)

Not your usual pork gyoza. These dumplings are filled with minced pork and kimchi. It comes with a dipping tangy sauce identical to the one with the "kimchi & seafood pancake". However, it really is not necessary when the 'kimchi & meat sauce' within the dumpling fills your mouth with all the goodness. The skin is not too thick hence does not mask the taste of the fillings.

Mains
Kare Donkkas Dup Bab
Korean curry pork cutlet rice
S$8.80
Yes, Korean curry! Korean curry tastes very identical to Japanese curry. Tender and juicy pork cutlet, breaded and fried to a crispy golden brown crust. Topped with heavy curry sauce with carrot and potato cubes, sprinkled with white sesame seeds.

Al Dolsot BiBimBab (Bibimbap)
Shrimp roe hotpot mixed rice
S$8.80
Slightly different from the Dolsot Bibimbap which I had earlier, this has got shrimp roe on top of the usual steamed rice served with shredded vegetables (carrots, cucumber and small bean sprouts), beef, a raw egg sitting on the bibimbap sauce, sprinkled with shredded nori (seaweed) strips and white sesame seeds in a hot-stone bowl. The ingredients are very fresh and the vegetables are crunchy even after blending. I was trying to find my shrimp roe after blending, but only realised that they looked like white sesame seeds or even opaque white sago when cooked.

Verdict
To revisit the same restaurant twice in a month is rare, hence the food must be good. Definitely so! The food at Seoul Yummy™ is more than good and the price is fabulous. I like to see that my orders are below S$10 each. I am so in love with the "Kimchi Mandoo" (Steamed kimchi with pork dumplings)! I thought only "Din Tai Fung" can serve nice pork dumplings, but "Seoul Yummy™" has done it as good and even more unique with the addition of kimchi. It is going to be on my permanent order list should I revisit them again! Gosh! I am actually talking about a third visit already! The "Curry Katsu rice" (correction: "Kare Donkkas Dup Bab") is not very much different from the Japanese version. Tastes good though not as spicy as "Curry Favor", but nothing to brag about. The "Al Dolsot BiBimbab" is not much different from the 'non-Al' version which I had earlier. The shrimp roe did not add much change in taste to the already great-tasting "Dolsot BiBimbab". Nevertheless, the shrimp roe does add more 'crunch' when chewing.
Note: 10% service charge and 7% GST applies.

technorati
tags

Comments