Look what I have had! Fettuccine Carbonara & Strawberry Surprise!

Fettuccine Carbonara
S$4.50
Pasta Express, Hong Lim Complex #02-42
As if it was fate playing games with me, because everytime I visit Ah Kow Minced Meat Noodle (beside) on Sundays, Pasta Express was always closed. I was rather lucky to catch them open on Christmas afternoon. Pasta Express serves a variety of Fettuccine pastas to grab my attention. I thought I would just try one of my favourite, Carbonara. The pasta are generally priced at S$4.50

Pasta is done to perfection, neither too soft nor uncooked. Mozarella cheese is sprinkled onto the pasta and just melts into the steamy hot cream sauce, giving it a cheesy taste. They have not used bacon bits and used streaky bacon, hence there is not much of bacon flavour in the sauce. I prefer it this way. Nonetheless, the bacon is tasty and not overly grilled. The fettuccine is not too long and is just good enough to be scooped up with a spoon. A spoonful of cream and pasta is the way to eat this dish.
the SCOOP!


Verdict
Good! Lovely! Tasty! Cheap! Must Try!
I love Pasta Express as much as I love Timo, most importantly its cheaper!



Strawberry Surprise
S$3
糖水, People's Park Shopping Centre
Having been to 糖水 before, I feel in love with the cold fusion desserts available here. This time, I went for Strawberry Surprise. My second try and is still fabulous! Nata De Coco, watermelon, peach chucks and sago, topped with Strawberry puree and a scoop of mint ice-cream with chocolate chips.



technorati
tags

Comments