Look what I have had! Carbonara

It's been a while since I had something worth comment about. From the very same row in the very same food centre, where I had "Cordon Bleu" at "Benny", Maxwell Market, there is "TIMO". Timo serves avery of budget price Italian pasta, such as Aglio Olio, Marinara, Black Pepper Chicken pasta, Lasagne etc. Timo serves desserts as well, but not much, IIRC, only two types. Though Carbonara is not a recommended pasta item, I decided to have that since I always like Carbonara.

Carbonara
S$4.50


Upon being served, the friendly chef/stall attendent (probably boss) asked me if I would like grated black pepper. Pastas do not usually comes with black pepper. The sauce was very thick and creamy. It had a very strong garlic taste, which correlated to the small garlic bits and sliced garlic. I would usually not expected so much garlic in the Carbonara, but I decided to regard this as a 'localized' version.The bacon is crispy and tasty.

Verdict
I had intended to give TIMO a moderate rating, but the friendly boss and the cheap price, I would glady recommend TIMO over Pastamania! There are still different variety of pastas and lasagne to try. The more expensive ones are around S$6 only! Definitely worth it!


technorati
tags

Comments