Look what I have bought! Transformers (R6) DVD-9

TRANSFORMERS
变形金刚
S$11.90 (Mustafa) / S$9.90 (TS)
R6 DVD-9


I had wanted to get "Transformers" when it was released a few weeks ago, but was not too impressed by the packaging and not justified for the price. Hence I decided to wait for the R6 (Region 6) import. Sadly, there was no R6 version of the dual-disc version unlike my Superman R6 DVD. The one I got is of the single-disc version at a reasonable price. Despite Chinese menu, the rest of the contents and subs are all in accurate English or Mandarin.

UPDATED: 11 November 2007

TRANSFORMERS
变形金刚
2-DISC Version

S$12.90 (TS)
R6 DVD-9


So typical of "he who hesitates does NOT mas......."! I was too ganjiong and missed the cheaper R6 DVDs at "TS Video". Of course, I won't mind getting another piece, but of the double disc version. Still cheaper than a single disc version of R3 though!

Note: that R6 DVD and DVD-9 does NOT mean they are pirated! R6 are Imported Original Region 6 DVD intended for China. DVD-9 is a form of capacity nomenclature. See below to learn more:

DVD Nomenclature
Single sided, single layer : DVD-5 : 4.7GB
Single sided, dual layer : DVD-9 : 8.54GB
Double sided, single layer : DVD-10 :
9.4GB
Double
sided, dual layer on one side, single on other :
DVD-14
Double
sided, dual layer on both sides : DVD-18 : 17.08GB

Comments

KENNY said…
Target here has those who the transformable case, are we getting those back home?
WILLIAM TAN said…
KENNY said...
Target here has those who the transformable case, are we getting those back home?


hey Ken,
no point. we have it here at S$60+.
what you should buy from US are the Rated R or Unrated R shows. Do not get me wrong, I meant like Kill Bill Vol.1, Sin City. These older R-rated shows did not make their way to local shelves. So can buy.
i had others score them for me from States. Sadly until now, I have not found the 'full nude' "Orgazmo", though mine is already the Unrated version.
neoconvoy said…
you bro, where can find it ? any dvd shop ?

i just want to get one to see again, and this would be the cheapest alternative (apart from borrowing the R3 from master hesitate..keke...). the rest out there aren't impressive, so i am holding out for a collector's edition, i hope...
WILLIAM TAN said…
neoconvoy said...
you bro, where can find it ? any dvd shop ?

i just want to get one to see again, and this would be the cheapest alternative (apart from borrowing the R3 from master hesitate..keke...). the rest out there aren't impressive, so i am holding out for a collector's edition, i hope...


i got mine at Mustafa, but I expect they will be hitting the local stores such as TS / Poh Kim / Giant Supermarket. Though I believe other major DVD retail stores should bring in too, but the price might be different.

I suggest trying Giant (any Giant will do). They have the widest R6 DVD selections I ever came across. I scored my Superman Classic collection there. You can also score Batman Classic collection there too. All at S$8 each!
All with accurate English subs and original dubbing. Maybe the older folks would like the Mandarin dubbing and subs. Oddly my Batman Begin is only Chinese subs.

I'm holding out for Rataouille and HP: Order of the Phoenix. Which I am very certain will release R6 versions.


Tip off: If you are interested in getting R3 (local) 2-disc Charlie & Choc Factory (Depp's version), Video Ezy at Carrefour Suntec is clearing below S$20!

Now I adopt a "hesitate and dun have to masturbate" strategy to buying DVDs.
WILLIAM TAN said…
I can't help but relate the Chinese name of "Transformers" (变形金刚) to "变金刚" ("Trannies" Ironmen)!
KENNY said…
You mean SG doesn't have DVDs rated R? I didn't know that. Seldom buy DVDs.
WILLIAM TAN said…
KENNY said...
You mean SG doesn't have DVDs rated R? I didn't know that. Seldom buy DVDs.

With the new legislation on media content, there are R shows making into the local shelves, but a heavily edited.
if you want the uncut version, imported 'Unrated' is the way to go, which of course is already at your doorstep, Ken!
neoconvoy said…
thanks for the update bro !! will checkout the TS Video at Marina Square tomorrow for the 2-disc set...

WILLIAM TAN said...
I can't help but relate the Chinese name of "Transformers" (变形金刚) to "变性金刚" ("Trannies" Ironmen)!


you horny bastich...
WILLIAM TAN said…
neoconvoy said...
thanks for the update bro !! will checkout the TS Video at Marina Square tomorrow for the 2-disc set...

WILLIAM TAN said...
I can't help but relate the Chinese name of "Transformers" (变形金刚) to "变性金刚" ("Trannies" Ironmen)!

you horny bastich...

glad you haven't bought it from Mustafa. I'm disappointed with them for overating the price! To think my loyal support all this while! :p

thought you are quite a "Trannies" fan too...LOL