Look what I've had! Nasi Penyet

During my trip to Pulau Ubin, I had Nasi Ayam Penyet at Changi Village. I had Nasi Ayam Penyet yesterday as well. If you still don't want Nasi Ayam Penyet is about? It is mainly flattened (penyet) chicken (ayam) that is usually fried, served with plain rice (nasi). Ayam Penyet House can be located along Beach Road, directly opposite Shaw Towers, at the corner of the building. The banners will lead you from the pavement level down to the basement where the shop is.


Immediately, I noticed the fried crumbs topping over the meat which tasted like fried cornflakes. Arthur ordered Nasi Penyet Beef. The portion for the price is a joke, but for the taste, I still give it my thumbs up. The sambal belachan chilli paste is fantastic! It got me all 'fired up'!

The chicken is a tad too dry. But the portion is more than the beef set. I find the small bunch of kangkong a joke, 'cos I swallowed it in a go. Apart from kangkong, a couple of pieces of raw cabbage and a slice of cucumber are given, as garnishing or side? I wonder.

I am no expert in Nasi Ayam Penyet, but Arthur claims that the meat is to dry. I would prefer the one that I had at Changi Village. Nevertheless, if you are looking for Nasi Ayam Penyet in town at reasonable prices, Ayam Penyet House is an option.

technorati tags

Comments