WiiMote Clone

It has been a while since I fire up my Nintendo Wii after the few years.
I recently decided to do so, only to discover that one of my WiiMote died, because of stupid alkaline battery leaks.
Refusing to purchase a new Wiimote at regular price, I found clones online and decided to give it a go.
There are many clones available and modern ones come with Plus integrated into the same small body.
However, I decided to go for a normal one since I already had the Plus from my earlier Wiimote.

WiiMote Clone
The material feels very close to original. However, is hard to tell.
The clone comes with an identical handstrap with a cheaper feel.
The clone adapts perfectly well with the original Plus.

Compared to Original Wiimote
At first glance, it is hard to tell both apart.
However, it is apparent that the "A" button come in a darker blue shade.
The "Wii"text is also missing.
"Nintendo" text has been completely left out.
Interestingly, everything looks identical but the original battery cover does not fit well into the clone.

Verdict
For S$13.80, rather than paying S$45, I must say the clone is a damn good deal!
The clone functions exactly the same as the original, with sound and vibration.
The clone comes with a silicone skin, but the make is poorer and stink of chemical. Hence, I chucked it.
The "A"button is tad less sensitive than the original though. It works, but requires a full depress and tapping will not register the command.

Time to get some Wii action!

Comments