Saturday, May 01, 2010

The Fullerton Bay Hotel

Did you know that there is an upcoming five-star hotel addition to the Marina Bay precinct?
It is none other than The Fullerton Bay Hotel, part of the The Fullerton Heritage.
The new hotel has taken the location of the previous Clifford Pier.

Clifford Pier is a pier located beside Collyer Quay at Marina Bay. The pier was built in 1933, and served as a landing point for immigrants and other sea passengers. A red oil lamp used to hang from the pier as a marker, hence earning its other name "Red Lamp Pier" (红灯码头). The pier was later used as a ferry terminal for tourists and day trippers who boarded small boats and ferries heading for the Southern Islands of Singapore. During the annual pilgrimage season to Kusu Island, ferries would depart from Clifford Pier. Clifford Pier has since ceased operations on 1st April 2006. Part of the Clifford Pier has been conserved and integrated into The Fullerton Bay Hotel. However, the old connecting bridge with small retail cubicles and eateries, only exists as a fragment of our childhood memory.


Enjoy a sweeping panoramic view of the Marina Bay here,
at The Fullerton Bay Hotel.


Photography & Editing by William Tan
©William Tan 2010

Documented using Panasonic LUMIX LX3.
on 29th of April 2010



technorati tags


This is a Singapore-related post

No comments: