Up on Orchard Central Roof

Seems like all the hype is about Orchard ION, but I prefer to take a relaxing walk inside Orchard Central, outside all the buzz of Orchard Road. Orchard Central is the tallest shopping mall in Singapore. Topping the roof at Level 11 & 12 is a 24-hour public rooftop garden. There are a few ways to access the roof top. The fastest is definitely the lift. However, I prefer to take the outdoor escalator from street level up to mid-level, then another super escalator from mid level to top level (a challenge for someone who is vertigo), and ultimately from top level to roof. Since the rooftop is currently not officially accessible, there is an alternative way up if you explore it a bit.

Up!
on Orchard Central Roof

A super escalator that brings shoppers from the Verandah to the roof.


Exiting the escalator or lift lobby, shoppers are greeted by a water feature.
Get up close to the structures that give Orchard Central its shape.





Savour a breath-taking view above Orchard Road and the suburban.
Yes! I admit that older buildings didn't put emphasis into doing up their roof.




Water plants and wire sculptures by Victor Tan, decorates the roof.







If I can see Orchard Central dazzling in the night with colours of various mood, through my room window, means I can see my room from the roof of Orchard Central!

Comments