EATZ: 糖水 & U.d.d.e.r.s

Though I kept insisting that I do not have a sweet tooth, that does not mean that I am no sucker for the sweet treats. It is just that I can live without the extra doses of sugar. I can still enjoy something sweet every now and then.

TONG SHUI
糖水
People's Park Complex, level 2
I keep finding myself returning to "TONG SHUI" for their unique and interesting chilled desserts. I have had "Fruity Sunrise", "Strawberry Surprise" and sampled "Strawberry Mango Pudding" as well as "3-in-1".

Four Seasons
S$3
Red 'ruby', corn cobs, green agar agar and vanilla ice cream.

8 Bean Treasure Chin Chow
S$3
8 different kinds of sweet and soft beans, a scoop of vanilla ice cream sits on a mount of shaved ice and chin chow (grass jelly).

Verdict
I was rather disappointed by the "Four Season", since most of the contents are agar agar. I would prefer "8 Bean Treasure Chin Chow" which has got more chewing goodness! If you have not been to "TONG SHUI" yet, it sure is time to do so now!




U.d.d.e.r.s
155, Thomson Road
Goldhill Shopping Centre
Singapore 307608
Tel: 6254 6629
Mon-Thurs, Sun: 12-11p.m.
Fri, Sat, Eve of PH: 12-2a.m.
S$3.90 (Single Scoop "Classic")
By sheer chance, i got to meet the "Chief Milkman", Mr. David Yim, who serves a whole good range of home-made ice-cream (of course with liscense and hygienically in a shop). David was kind to let us try out most of his "Classic" and "Premium" tastes. The "Premium" range includes a variety of alcoholic ice cream, such as the extremely alcoholic "Rum-rum-rum & Raisins" or even a "Lychee Martini". I particular love the "D24 Durian" and "Champion Cempedak" from the "Classic" range. However, I decided to go for a double scoop of one "Vanilla Almond Marzipan" (Classic) and "Brandies Pear Sorbet" (Premium).
Verdict
The "Brandies Pear Sorbet" is icy and has a strong pear taste with small chunks of pear bites. The alcohol blends well with the pear to make it a great tasting sorbet, yet not too alcoholic.
The "Vanilla Almond Marzipan" is creamy, rich and smooth. Blended into the solid cream are bits and pieces of crunchy almond. Excellent stuff! A good alternative to the regular ice-cream joints. Most importantly, a cool place to 'chill' out with friends till 2 a.m..




technorati
tags

Comments