EATZ: Roast Duck Noodles, Crystal Jade Kitchen

So what!?
I am RICH! I can afford "Roast Duck Noodle" that cost S$7.80++ per plate!
Even if it is not nice, I won't kick myself in the ass.
But wait!
Before we reach a verdict, let's take a look at my take from "Crystal Jade Kitchen".


Crystal Jade Kitchen (Holland Village)
No. 2 & 2A Lorong Mambong
Holland Village
S(277671)

Two noodle dishes, a barley drink, a soya bean milk and two fresh towels cost me S$22.50 inclusive of service charge and GST.



Roast Duck Noodle (dry)
S$7.80
Six succulent slices of roast duck meat with 90% meat and 10% fat served on a bed of plain looking egg noodle with a light brown sauce and two stalks of vegetables. The duck skin glistens in all goodness! Though roasted, the duck skin is not the crispy type. The deceivingly plain noodle tasted fabulous and 'Q' when blended with the sauce. The noodle dish is accompanied by a bowl of tasty soup which I believe to be a concentrated stock of prawn heads, pork bones and something else.


Roast Pork Ribs Noodle (dry)
S$7.50
Oddly, the pork ribs do not look at all like it usual irregular shapes but in cubes. The same QQ noodle, the same sauce, the same vegetables and the same soup. What can possibly go wrong?



Verdict
I would normally not fork out anything more than S$3 for a plate of egg noodle, such as wanton noodle or even duck noodle. Though at S$7.80, the small portion would seem unfulfilling, but I was wrong! The egg noodle was very well done, very tasty and very 'Q'! I had initially expected to see only a few miserable strips of dry and tough duck meat, but I was proven wrong again! The duck meat is tender and tasty, the greasiness makes the duck meat smooth to swallow and yet not too fat. I saw this S$7.80++ is well spent!
What about the pork ribs!? Arthur did not volunteer to let me try at all! But I'm sure they were good! What can possibly be wrong? The quality of the food definitely lives up to the reputation of Crystal Jade Kitchen.

technorati tags

Comments

Laurens said…
paishei lah...forgot to offer

non-SIC = good
WILLIAM TAN said…
on days when u BBB like no tmr,
i understand.
lol
Laurens said…
one item where got consider as BBB? haha
WILLIAM TAN said…
ur biggest BBB that I ever accompanied my bro with...