EATZ: Riverside Indonesian BBQ (PS)

Riverside Indonesian BBQ
Kopitiam, Plaza Singapura
68, Orchard Road #06-15/20
Singapore 238839
Panggang (or 'peng gang') refers to barbeque. Riverside Indonesian Restaurant is famous for serving Indonesian-style grills along Clark Quay and word has it that the outlet bearing the same name, is operated by same people behind the success of Riverside Indonesian. Anyhow, the success of the outlet at Plaza Singapure is definitely proven by the unceasing queue. Are they really that? Or are they just banking on the success of the restaurant? I seek to find out what the hype was all about!

Nasi Panggang Ayam
S$4.30
I decided that if I had to make comparison to other nasi panggang ayam which I had elsewhere, I had to order the same. Served on a 'banana leaf' plate is a huge mount of soft fragrant white rice, drenched in heavy and sweet coconuty curry gravy, a slice of omelette, a bowl of very tasty soup and most importantly the huge slab of ayam drumstick. The drumstick looks very badly burnt, but it is not burnt at all! That is because the good people at Riverside Indonesian BBQ, carefully grills their meat with lots of TLC, such that they turn out right! They then 'dunk' the freshly grilled chicken drumstick into a container fill with 'heavenly' gravy. Trying not to exaggerate too much, but I cannot help give this thick, sweet and tasty black gravy such a title. Like magic only possible with the wand, the gravy worked its way around the grilled ayam drumstick, coating it evenly and giving the stars to this dish. The drumstick is then fished out and the chef would sprinkle a couple more dollops of the magic gravy! Just when I was about to get tired of the sweetness, the specially formulated sambal chilli paste with anchovies added a new twist to the original taste, taking the dining experience to yet another greater level! Even with all these flavours swimming around my throat, I can still taste the strong coconut curry! That is what I call gravy! This is what I call food!



Verdict
I am so full of praises for the nasi panggang ayam from Riverside Indonesian BBQ at Plaza Singapura. The food is fantastic! The quantity is satisfactory for even a 'double-mealer' like myself. It could do with a little bit of greens to balance the meal. The stir-fried cabbage (not green at all) costs S$0.50 extra. I prefer to skip the oily veg. Whichever is the case, if there is any one place that is worth loosing all that working out effort and indulge in sinfully good food, Riverside Indonesian BBQ is the place! Most importantly, the prices really rocks! Where can anybody find something better and S$4.30?

technorati tags

Comments