EATZ: Jia Le Roast Duck & Imperial Herbal Chicken

There is definitely something at the Marina Square Food Loft. The Food Loft is a food court situated above Centrestage at Marina Square Shopping Centre. Though I did mention that I dislike visiting the food courts, Food Loft is the only exception. This time, I went for "Roast Duck rice" from the famous stall by "Jia Le Roast Meat Pte Ltd". On top of that I had to have something else, I chose the stall opposite, which serves "Imperial Herbal Chicken".

Roast Duck Rice
S$4.50
Jia Le Roast Meat Pte Ltd, Marina Square Food Loft
The roast duck rice came as it is without any soup at all. The rice is normal and not fragrant. The roast meat was normal, though there is some crisp in the roasted duck skin. The duck meat was quite fat. The gravy was not very fragrant as well.

Verdict
I was utterly disappointed by the roast duck rice. Most importantly, when I paid S$4.50 for a plate of duck rice, I never expected such a small portion with only 4 strips of duck meat with 2 of them being majority fats. Furthermore, there is no soup given at all. Despite the crispy skin, there is nothing too much to brag about. You might like it but it is just not going to be on my recommended list.


Imperial Herbal Chicken
S$4
Pig's Organ Soup Stall, Marina Square Food Loft
I knew I had to order either "Pig's Organ Soup" or "Imperial Herbal Chicken", I picked the latter. The "Imperial Herbal Chicken" is quarter of a chicken with Chinese herbs, double-boiled in an aluminium and flim wrap, stored in a steamer. The flavour of the herbs blended into the soup and had infused into the chicken meat. This dish is served with a small plate of pickled vegetables.

Verdict
Despite the 'royal title', the "Imperial Herbal Chicken" is not expensive at all. It is simple, tasty and considerably healthy (not fried) dish. I think the preserved vegetables were not very well-done on that day and had an odd taste. Nevertheless, the S$4 I paid was well-worth it!



This is not the end... want to know what else I had at Marina Square Food Loft? Keep a look out for any further posts.

technorati
tags

Comments