PUMA Triple Cats

"In order to earn the respect of all cats, I would first need to put on one!"
by William Tan

Threat
I said this not at gun-point but "claw-point"....

I love the "PUMA" brand as much as I love the cats. Another reason why I love PUMA is because I love RED and their corporate colour is RED! Among the Sportlifestyle brands, I love the design of the pouncing cougar or puma. But of course, most importantly, PUMA shoes are really comfortable and light-weight. They are also made with superior quality that lasts! I have been getting the discounted PUMA shoes from warehouse sales or factory outlets, since the in-season designs are too pricey for my budget. Hence, whenever there is a sale with PUMA products, I will not miss it!
I happened to be at the Royal Sporting House (Singapore) warehouse sale, where brands such as Reebok, Diesel, Novo, Vans, Pony, Merrell, Caterpillar and of course PUMA, goes on sale of up to 70% off! Check out what I have scored!

At S$39.90 each, which is at least 30% of the retail price, means a 70% discount! I would shoot myself in the head if I haven't scored at least 1. I scored 3 pairs!
Apparantly, according to PUMA size scale, my feet fit the US 10 (UK 11) sizing. This size is usually a rare find at sales. Hence, instead of approaching this sale by choosing design then size, I grabbed anything of size US 10 (UK 11)! I managed to secure 3 different designs. Though they are not my desired designs that were displayed, they are still damn cool to be forsaken!
"PUMA" is a brand of the German company, "PUMA AG Rudolf Dassler Sport", since 1924.

I really dig the lovely red box with white prints.
Image on the right shows a scale to help size your feet and with reference to many items (click on it to view).

Future Cat Low
white-burnt olive
S$39.90 (R.P.: S$119.00)
Arthur claims that this shoe is ugly, but I think otherwise. I really dig the golf-ish design. The off-centre split and lace makes this cat really unique from the rest. The white material is soft leather (synthetic?) while the burnt olive material is suede. I like details like the white stitched cougar on the tip of the shoe, burnt olive cougar button on the outer side, the stitched cougar leaping out from the burnt olive suede on the inner side. I definitely dig the details of the sole from the rear of the shoe (see last pic). The iconic wavy PUMA Stripes in white, does not stand out too much though.







Speed Cat SD
Black Coffee-Sass, Brown, Cherry Red

S$39.90 (R.P.: S$119.00)
This piece is my favourite! I always love this classic PUMA design. Though some may think that this colour is meant for ladies, I ask "how can a US size 10 be for ladies?" I really dig red and of course close hues too, such as cherry red. The deep violet PUMA Stripes subtlely blend with the cherry red logo and black coffee or brown suede body. Once again, we have a stitched cougar on the tip in sweet cherry red.





PUMA Tempo
Wren Brown, Basil
S$39.90 (R.P.: S$109.00)
Another classic PUMA design, I had my eyes on another piece which was brown with lime but there was no size for me. I can make do with basil as well! A brown suede body with basil PVC PUMA Stripes. There is no leaping cougar on the tip but instead, the PUMA logo and name of this shoe is printed in gold! A hidden message on the in-sole reads "...denn PUMA macht's mit Qualität" in German, which translates to "...because PUMA makes with Quality"!



Buying three shoes at a go is rather insane but damn shiok (feels good)! Most importantly, they are damn cheap at about 70% discount. These shoes together with what I have, I can start to be a shoe collector already!

During this warehouse sale, I bought a pack of 3 white Reebok socks at S$9.90. I also bought a NOVO bag with beige weaves in synthetic leather for Fio at S$39.90 (R.P. S$59.90).
I was actually eyeing on another handbag in red synthetic leather in three layers of gathers, a lovely piece at S$29.90, but the last piece was a display and the rest are dark brown. The moment I put the display piece down, a lady came along and grabbed it. She even asked if Novo is famous. The nice sales girl replied that they have a boutique at Marina Square Shopping Centre. Despite her husband not being enthusiastic in giving her feedbacks, she still held on to it, probably knowing that I was waiting for her to let it go. Sadly, I lost.

I really pampered myself during this 2-day sale!
Thanks Arthur for the tip off, you got a damn cool Nike Air Force 1.

technorati
tags

Comments

KENNY said…
Wow what a steal!
Laurens said…
1st time see probro knock himself out in a BBB session......woots
WILLIAM TAN said…
yeah buy buy buy!

hmm.. i've been more crazy when I was collecting Gunpla.
Anonymous said…
nice .... like the white and black
WILLIAM TAN said…
2 votes for Future Cat Low
2 votes for Speed Cat SD
Laurens said…
how can ownself vote 1?

i prefer speed cat
WILLIAM TAN said…
Future Cat Low
1 vote from stranger shopper at RSH
1 vote from Fio
1 vote from Edna

Speed Cat SD
1 vote from Fio
1 vote from Laurens

PUMA Tempo
0 vote

I never voted myself. Above votes are consolidated from various readers and also the stranger shopper.
Anonymous said…
should be 3 votes each for the 2 pairs as I voted for both the white(future cat low) and black(speed cat SD)
WILLIAM TAN said…
Future Cat Low = 3 votes
1 vote from stranger shopper at RSH
1 vote from Fio
1 vote from Edna

Speed Cat SD = 3 votes
1 vote from Fio
1 vote from Laurens
1 vote from Edna

PUMA Tempo = 0 vote
0 vote