Updating my DVD Library List

With the recent updates of DVDs that I have bought, I find that I am having a reasonably big collection of these multimedia platters. Hence, I decided to keep a record of what I have. I started my DVD collection with "Interview with the Vampire", and since then, became quite a sucker for this collection. Back then before there was R6, I was always buying R3 instead of R1, since I collect but don't splurge on the extravagant merchandising of R1 DVDs. The only DVDs that I get as R1 are those that I was not able to find back home, such as "Kill Bill Vol.1", "Sin City", "Orgazmo" and interestingly "Zoolander" (which was banned for having political mockery of our neighbour!)... just to name a few. Another reason for getting R1 is for the 'Unrated' or 'Director's Cut' or 'Uncut' version, which simply means uncensored version with all that gore and juice in tact, for example, for shows such as "Hostel" and "Saw". My R3 "Interview with the Vampire" had the small segment of where Lestat paraded the nude girl before the audience in a theatre, cut away! Ridiculous but back then the censorship board was more conservative and has since changed.
For those who know me well enough, I am quite a stingy bast*rd when it comes to loaning my precious collection, not even family members! Reason being, I hate people who likes to leave finger prints, grime, dust and scratches on the reading side of CDs/DVDs. They can reduce the life span of these discs, invite growth of fungus (which can spread to other discs) and affects the playback! Moisture can also 'eat' away the 'mirror' coating embedded in the disc, and your disc might end up as a transparent coaster! Even though some stains can be removed by wiping in the right motion, still even with the cleanest microwipe, it is still possible to invite scratches! I really hate it when I scratch my own discs while cleaning the fingerprints, fungus or grime! Therefore the best way to prevent all these is too be a stingy bast*rd! Some these DVDs of mine are rather hard to come by! Hence I am very careful with loaned discs, but I usually don't ask for loans, in case they have such a weird habit like mine! Sadly, no one on this planet understands my habit and my passion for collecting these platters.
Heck!

Comments