SandCastle Works & Lunch at Ski360

It was team building day my department, so we took our sandbuckets and barang barang to East Coast Park to build sand castles! Yes, sandcastle building is no longer an activity for children. We all do have some architectural instincts hidden somewhere inside of us! We split ourselves into two teams and these are what we took to build in an hour and half. At the end of it, we got a passing-by couple to judge for us. Can you guess which team won?

The Fortress

by Team A (my team)



The modified Angkor Wat
by Team B
To learn more about Angkor Wat and my visit there, click here!

After building our sand castles, we headed to the neaby Ski360degree Restaurant/Bistro for lunch. While I was showering at the same facility, the food was ordered. These were what we have had!
Spring Roll
This vegetarian spring roll does not have any dried shrimps inside, hence its taste cannot really match up to those that you can get from the stalls at Pearl Centre. To add some flavour to the spring roll, they used shredded ginger.


Mashed Taro Sticks
Not that they taste bad, but they have not used the best taro (yam) for making this dish, hence one stick was all that I took.


Braised tofu with minced pork
Not to confuse this dish with the spicy mapo tofu (beancurd), this is actually not spicy and it tastes not bad at all!


Fried Pineapple Rice
I must admit that apart from its name that speaks pineapple rice, I can hardly taste any resembrance.


Cod Fish with minced bean sauce
The cod fish is fresh, juicy and soft and though it does not carry its 'milky' taste anymore, the minced bean sauce indeed made this dish the best among the rest.



Fried you tiao with chicken floss
This dish is rather unique, since I have only had salad you tiao (fried dough sticks) before and never had them coated with sweet tomato sauce and topped with chicken floss. A thumb up for something different!


Venison with spring onions
Though I would not usually order venison since deers just not meant to be served on the dining tables, venison is actually very tender and the best way to cook it is to stir-fry with spring onion and ginger.

Verdict
After our entree, we had desserts. I had the yam paste with sago and I would not even snap a picture of the down-watered paste with tiny coarse clumps. I refuse to acknowledge it as a 'paste' at all! Do not ask me how much the meal cost, since it was paid by my boss! If you are going to try out the exciting rail ski, you will probably dine or snack here. I would not visit the restaurant particularly for their food. I would prefer the seafood restaurants (eg. Jumbo) at carpark E1.

technorati tags

Comments

Laurens said…
how come nvr play the ski360? looks fun
Anonymous said…
your fortress is nice, very creative. Those toys must be yours :p .... my guess, your team won.
WILLIAM TAN said…
Laurens said...
how come nvr play the ski360? looks fun


i'm not into extreme sports

edna said...
your fortress is nice, very creative. Those toys must be yours :p .... my guess, your team won.


thanks. we won! the toys (together with the buckets and building tools) are bought from the trainer, we are glad we never hired him! He costs S$2K per session :o