"Steals" at Mustafa Centre

Damn! Of course I will never resort to thievery! "Steal"as defined by Thesaurus, also refers to an advantageous purchase. After the earlier dim sum dinner at Swee Choon Tim-Sum Restaurant, we went over to Mustafa Centre. My friends always ask me about my frequent visits to Mustafa Centre, and I always replied that its cheap cheap cheap and I can just buy buy buy! Even when I don't have anything in mind, dropping by to do some browsing and sometimes testing (at perfumeries), can also be rather interesting. But for me, I also do some product reviews and price scouts at Mustafa Centre, then I benchmark it against other retail outlets. I have done a product review on Bagman Trekka, which I eventually bought. I will usually leave with a least a pack of muruku or snacks. However, I did not buy any food yesterday! So what have I got?

I was contemplating to buy one or more of these decent-looking sandals, sneakers at less than S$25. They do have some interesting names that are luckily discretely-hidden, such as "Paichi" (sounds like the chinese word for "outcast") or "Polo-CCino" (sounds like the local drink "kopi-cinno"). I even remembered once seeing one called "BiaoDouFu" (which obviously sounds like "beautiful"). Despite the infamous cool names, these footwear are definitely cheap and wears comfortably!


Good comfortable "Beetle-Bug" and "Ecco"-like designs at prices from S$16.95 to S$25.
Durable? At that price, that factor is not a major consideration, but I believe they should last a few good months. if ladies can change shoes weekly, so can men!

We were testing out some perfumes and doing price benchmarking when I came across this interesting perfume/fragrance.

Looks like not only I need to shoot pictures like a photographer, I need to smell like one too! A photographer can sweat quite a deal during shoots, and definitely won't want to smell like a cow!

So what exactly have I scored during this trip? Some supplies for my reservist training next-week.

A classic "Bata-design" light-weight slippers for S$2. A roll-on anti-perspirant SPEED STICK deodorant for S$4.50. White-grape flavoured Shokobutsu shower gel for S$2.90.

technorati
tags

Comments

Anonymous said…
wah... shopping spree.... next week ict ar? mine in early sept
WILLIAM TAN said…
ber said...
wah... shopping spree.... next week ict ar? mine in early sept

you don't call that a shopping spree lor....
mine is not really a low-key ICT. it think it wont be counted, cos not everyone in the unit is recalled. eg. Storemen, Clerks etc not recalled.
I think it is just a lame excuse to make use go back every year :P
Laurens said…
i is gian the shoes!!!
WILLIAM TAN said…
Laurens said...
i is gian the shoes!!!

that is BaiChi (idiot)... oops Paichi for you (Outcast)
ranging S$22-25!
Laurens said…
Polo-CCino and Pazzo looks cool...buybuybuy
WILLIAM TAN said…
it just so happen that these shoes are distributed by my battery mate.