Enlightenment of Avalokiteśvara (觀音)

Today is the day of the Enlightenment of Avalokiteśvara (觀音). I have decided that I ought to light a candle for the Cintâmanicakra Avalokiteśvara Bodhisattva at the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple & Museum, since I had affinity to it and the 千手 觀音 temple at Rochor Road closes at 6pm daily.
However, I had planned to accomplish 10km as part of my regular training regime. Hence, I thought I would visit the temple after my training session. Nevertheless, fate has told me to stop due to unforeseen change in weather. It started to pour, just slightly before the 5km mark. I braved the rain and engaged the slopes, till I reach the 5km mark. I took a quick shower and reached the BTRTM at 7.30pm. There was not much people, except a few devotees prostrating before the Bodhisattva. I made flower offerings, lighted a 'longevity' candle and prostrated before the Bodhisattva. I could immediately sense the aura surrounding me! I continued to prostrate before the Maitreya Buddha and then proceeded o turn the Vairocana Prayer Wheel. Just before I went to the 4th floor, I orientated two ladies to the Buddha Tooth Relic Chamber (located on the fourth floor), which I also visited and prostrated before. I felt glad that I had came early to the temple, any later, I would not have been able to catch blessing session before the golden stupa in the Buddha Tooth Relic Chamber.



technorati tags

Comments