What A Start!

What will you do if you are in stuck in Redhill in the morning, peniless?

I thought it was my lucky day to hitch an early ride to Redhill MRT Station all the way from the north. When I dropped off and reached into my bag to retrieve my wallet containing my EZ-Link pass, I could not find it. I must have left it at home, in my other bag, or worst, may have even dropped it (bollocks! it contained all my cards)! I dug deep into my pockets, found only a fifty-cent coin, which isn't enough for me to pay for a single-trip ticket (deposit alone is a dollar). I cannot board the bus as well! I did not want to trouble anyone to come 'save' me and so I walked!!!
Redhill..... Queenstown...... Commonwealth...... Buona Vista!
4 train stations!
By the time I reached Queenstown, I was already sweating like a pig! I hate the feeling of sweating in my jeans. I took the KTM railway shortcut near Holland Drive instead of the usual route from Buona Vista MRT Station. I reached my office within 30 minutes and drowned myself in a triple shot macchiato! I was intending to skip my running regime today, but seems like I just trekked more than my regular running distance!

WTF! What A Start!

EDIT 1430h> Home and back with my moolah! ;p

Comments

Laurens said…
looks like the previous railway shoot trekking came in handy after all...lol
Anonymous said…
you could put on your irresistible smile and 'borrow' a dollar from somebody at the bus stop :p
WILLIAM TAN said…
I would say regular training! and I knew of the shortcut earlier than our trekking session (anyway its further up)

not everyone in singaporean is kind in the morning... ;[