Blogging on MAC

Blogging on the MAC has always been a less preferred experience compared to a PC platform. Not so much on tackling the switch, the substitution of 'Ctrl' with 'Apple' or 'Right-click' with 'alt-option'. I am used to the difference in combination keys to activate Special Characters such as '©' and '™', which is made easier on a MAC. I daringly claim myself as a proficient hybrid-user who can switch back-and-forth easily between the two operating systems. With the 'Backspace' being replaced with a 'Delete' button, though making a less obvious difference, it is making a significant difference during blogging.

On an IE or Firefox 2, I always attach a huge block of html pertaining to linked image thumbnails, go into 'Compose mode' and just remove the spaces between thumbnails with backspaces without messing up the html for links, which is fast and easy. However, on a Safari or Firefox 2, I cannot do so without accidentally deleting a thumbnail or removing its link, which I would then need to re-paste the html code and edit the contents all over again, since the 'Undo' key command in Blogger seldom works. I would usually have to enter 'Edit Html mode' and manually process the html code. It is not something to cry about loud, but for someone like myself, who works with a lot of pictures in my post, it can be rather irritating. It is not tough for me, but just more time wasted and sometimes nerve-wrecking looking at all the codes and filenames, which I could spend mutli-tasking with other posts.
Another issue is that the posting GUI in Blogger is missing majority of the formatting buttons, when I use the Safari. More often, I would need to fire up Firefox 2. I hope that with the launch of the Safari 3 public beta, my problems will be addressed. Meanwhile, we anticipate the arrival of the Leopard to replace my crouching Tiger.

Is that a problem common to MAC or just myself? I am not certain. For all that know, it plagued me till this day. Anyone, who share the same sentiments or have a solution, please comment. Until then, Blogging on a PC platorm is still my preferred choice!

Comments