Making Pineapple Tarts

Last Saturday was a day dedicated to baking Pineapple Tarts for the upcoming Lunar Chinese New Year. I have been doing this since last year. I must say it was an enriching experience as it is really painstaking to rub the butter into the flour to make the dough. I must admit that I have not yet perfected my recipe and this time is no where near perfect at all. In fact, I was rather disappointed that the pastry did not have enough 'milky' or 'buttery' taste. I believe that I should be using better butter the next time round. The pastry to did break up as much as before since I had made sure that the dough isn't too dry. The pastry was also between sweet and salty, which is not good because the taste isn't distinct at all. I had always prefered the saltier taste. Again, attributed to the type of butter used.
As usual My Royal Highness is here to join in the fun.

CLICK ON POST LINKER BANNER TO READ FULL ARTICLE

Click on thumbnails to enlarge images
all images taken with Nikon D50 with Tamron prime.



Flatten out the dough followed by cutting out the size with a cookie cutter.


Stuff the pineapple filling in and roll it in desired shape.


Throw them in the oven to bake for ten minutes.


'AAA' Pineapple filling was purchased ready-made.


How will they look after baking?


The final product, out-from-the-oven.


The finish line!

Comments

White Dahlia said…
Looks yummy!! Izzit hard to make pineapple tarts? Can i get the recipe from you? I also want to try! Heeheheh
Anonymous said…
me too... didn't know Willy Wanka know how to make new year goodies... heh
WILLIAM TAN said…
sure! pass u the recipe later!
it not hard to make the pastry.
the only hard thing is to make a good Pineapple filling and it can be a tedious process.
Like I mentioned, I buy ready made.
You might wanna try cooking it yourself.
Laurens said…
wah lau,bo jio ur bro to come for a taste test
WILLIAM TAN said…
lai lor,
no need shy one mah.
since when were you shy in visiting my place and get free makan?
haha