LENSPEN The Lens Cleaning System

I just went to Courts at Tampines MEGASTORE to grab the LENSPEN, after I got tip off that it is going on sale at an 'out-of-this-world' price.

Click on POST LINKER BANNER BELOW TO READ FULL ARTICLE.

HOW TO GET THERE
Free Image Hosting

The buses stated above stop at the Tampines Avenue 10 side. However, you can also take buses that stop on the Pasir Ris Drive 12 side (bus-stop code: 77339) and then take a short 5-minutes walk over. You can't miss the gigantic IKEA Tampines as landmark. Most of these buses come by the 'red arrow' route that leads to Pasir Ris. The buses there are:

  • 3 TAMPINES INT -- PUNGGOL INT
  • 39 TAMPINES INT -- YISHUN INT
  • 53 BISHAN INT -- CHANGI AIRPORT PTB2
  • 58 PASIR RIS INT -- BISHAN INT
  • 81 TAMPINES INT -- SERANGOON INT
  • 88 PASIR RIS INT -- TOA PAYOH INT
  • 89E HOUGANG CENTRAL INT --
  • 89 HOUGANG CENTRAL INT --SIA PLANT & MAINT OFF
  • 89M OPP IBM TWRS -- BLK 713
  • 109 SERANGOON INT -- CHANGI VILLAGE TER

Click on the above map to access the bus details


A prominant huge 3-storey structure that is hard to miss.
Free Image Hosting
Free Image Hosting

A bag full of LENSPENs.
Free Image Hosting

A cool range of LENSPENs for all purposes.
Definitely a 'must-buy' box set for your digital needs.


Free Image Hosting
Free Image Hosting

The conflict theory: The price was originally marked at S$39.90. It was later massively cleared at S$13.90 over the past week. I got this tip-off from CS and knew that Courts changed the pricing to S$18.00, probably they have seen swarms of photography enthusiasts grabbing them in bulk, like myself. I knew about this and was prepared. I actually double-checked with the cashier before I grab more and make payment. However, when I took a huge in-store shopping bag to grab 8 boxes, a Courts promoter came up to me. He wrote an invoice bearing 'S$18x8'. I was stumped! I bargained that I had earlier bought some at S$13.90 and asked why the sudden change. He insisted that the price was changed today, thus it put S$18.00 (as shown below).

Free Image Hosting

I then placed everything back and walked away. The promoter had to tear away his invoice in agony. I then made a U-turn and went back to grab 3 boxes and walked off quickly. I made payment at the cashier immediately and double-confirmed that they were S$13.90 each. My friend grabbed another 2 boxes later for me.
Ultimately, the cashier registers them as S$13.90 and not S$18.00. The promoter was just sore that I am mass-purchasing at such great price and since Courts never restricted quantity per person. Thus, he intentionally wrote me an invoice.
The Solution: Take the LENSPENS and walk away fast ignoring the promoters. Even if they give you an invoice to make payment with, discard the invoice and make payment (claiming that they are S$13.90) to the cashier. After all, this Courts is a MEGAMART (REALLY HUGE!), meaning that I can pay at any level!

How does it feel to get pwned? darn promoter! Do not mess with the pricing system, neither do you mess with me and the whole CS community! Whahahaha!

The Contents
Free Image Hosting
Free Image Hosting
Free Image Hosting
Free Image Hosting
Free Image Hosting

technorati tags


Comments

Anonymous said…
IMHO, you no need to put back the lenspen then u-turn to get it again, just take the invoice then tear it in front of the darn promoter and ask him to f**k off :D
WILLIAM TAN said…
I agree with you. He is just jealous that everyone knows that it is such a damn good deal and everyone gets the enjoy it!
Whether Courts sell at S$13.90 or S$18, he still gets his same salary at the end of the day! So WTF!