Revoltech #016: MAZINKAISER

MAZINKAISER
REVOLTECH No.016

This is a re-post of an earlier gallery from playroom on December 18th 2006. Since the closure of playroom, I decided to repost the pictures here. This is actually my second Revoltech figurine.



Please Read: I am currently facing issues with fotopic. They have decided to suspend me due to breach of TOS. I regret to say that playroom has since been removed. Hence, I shall be hosting the images on my blog and as well here on 'a yellow POST IT' note. I hope to still continue to have your support. I am looking at migrating to Blogger as the new playroom, meanwhile please continue to watch this space for updates.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The Mazinkaiser comes in a 2-tier blister pack. 1st tier with Mazinkaiser figure itself with the grand sabre. 2nd-tier is the wing together with 2 regular sabres, stand and 2 additional pair of hands. There are endless possiblilities in terms of pose and is only restricted by the 'form' and a creative mind. Why do I say 'form'? Since Revoltech has created many different figurines , the shape or 'form' of the body parts will have to follow the original animation to a certain extend. Some parts will tend to be bulkier such that when twisting around the ball joints, a full smooth rotation is no possible, thus resulting in an awkward pose. One will need plenty of patience in trying to pose this figure, unless you decide that blu-tack should do the trick.
After the Overman, Revoltech has definitely evolved. There are new ideas to improve articulations, it is not longer just the trademark ball-joints. However, they still suffer from the same fate of PVC figurines, 'lose contacts' and the Mazinkaiser definitely suffered after the first round of posing.
Nevertheless, Mazinkaiser is still a worthy purchase!
























Comments