Z30 For My Lady

I had been contemplating whether to repair my girlfriend's Konica KD-400Z an old generation 4MP DC. The suspected problem is that the lens is faulty due to drops, and I believe I dropped it once. A quote from the Konice Minolta Service Center totals about $180-$230. After some thought, it sounds more logical to get a new one, but yet a new ecamera is too expensive. Hence I turned to 2nd-handed DC.

I remembered her saying that she liked Casio Exilim Z55, even though I know that its LCD panel is a compromise for its extraordinary battery life. Since she won't heavily use it and utilize it for large prints, getting a 3MP is more than enough for her usage.

Then, I came across an advert selling an Exilim Z30 (the 3MP version of Z55). The price is reasonable at $260 with standard package, 2 weeks money-back warranty, 128mb+64mb SD cards. So I decided that I should get this for her irregardless she is going to accept it or not, because I feel that have a compact DC around is good and you never know when you need it. Furthermore, I feel that I am the cause for the defective KD-400Z and I offered to get it serviced. Since servicing is not worth it, might as well settle for this Casio Exilim Z30. I hope she likes it, just in time for Valentines. "HOW UNROMANTIC!" I tell myself.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

Some trial pictures after the trade.

Inside esplanade.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Its a cloudy and windy day out there! Hard to shoot a moving flower in Macro mode.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Everyone wants a photo of the Esplanade.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Comments