New purchases from IKEA

I was at Ikea just now. I had bought a SVENNING swivel chair which cost me $49, a Tertial work lamp w clamp costing $12, Sparsam (not spasm) 11W bulbs (pack of 2) at $15.90. Damn bulb costs more than lamp. The reason being the bulb is coated with a layer of rubbery material to insulate and minimise flare. Bought some ONSKA gift wrap (pack of 3) at $5.90 ea x 2, Glis N Box 17x10 stack boxes (pack of 3 at $3.90. Last was a set of items that make up a curtain rack (rod, curtain ring, wall fitting) amounting to $11.50.


The TERTIAL work lamp on my computer table, illuminating my workspace by 5x. ~ Property of myBE@RBRICK.



The SVENNING swivel chair, providing me with hassle free wheeling pleasure. ~ Property of myBE@RBRICK.


The pain came after the purchasing. We intend to take a cab home so we queued up at the cab stand. We waited for about ten minutes, no cab...half an hour no cab....we were at the front of the bee line already... an hour...no cab! Finally a cab came, but the driver is heading for Punggol. Then the couple behind us wanted to go Jalan Kayu, so they hopped on. Damn, I should have tried saying AMK. The wait lasted for another 15mins with still not an avaliable cab in sight. All the cabs were 'on call'. Finally, we decided to call a cab. What a day!

Comments