My New Aquarium

It's a fishy business here! I had bought a tank from Carrefour supermarket which is meant for beginners. Well, I am an amateur indeed when it comes into the rearing of fishes. I visited the infamous Rainbow Aquariums at Serangoon North Ave 1, with my friend who happens to stay near the vicinity. He is the Mr. Cheap Deals (see bolow) and incidently a betta breeder. We were looking through the different fishes for beginners. Initially, I wanted buy red barbs but knowing that they are barbs, they don't go well with other fishes and expensive too. They have run out of fresh water puffers too. Then, swordtails were next in consideration. However, knowing that swordtails are territorial fishes and remembering how the swordtails attacked the 'luohan' in camp, I guess I better not rear them with other fishes. So eventually, I decided that 10 for S$2 deal of mini-goldfish is an ideal start. Check out the fishes.


The fish tank frontal shot. ~ Property of myBE@RBRICK.



The beginners set comes equipped with an electro magnet based pump. ~ Property of myBE@RBRICK.




As well as a basic filter. ~ Property of myBE@RBRICK.




Goldies. ~ Property of myBE@RBRICK.




Goldies that don't have weird heads are nice. ~ Property of myBE@RBRICK.




Shy types. ~ Property of myBE@RBRICK.




All in all the goldies are a good breed to start of this new hobby. ~ Property of myBE@RBRICK.

Comments

Laurens said…
Nice little setup u've got.
Hey,that's MY gravel!
Well,u got a good deal for it.
I think the sand wud look better wif puffers...goldfish doesnt really match the sand. Tat weird.
Hope u can get into rearing puffers soon(but that'll mean ur goldies wud hav to die first!). FUN!!!